Tuesday, September 30, 2008

all your dreams are over now

A while ago now, much earlier this year, I thought about moving to QLD for a couple of reasons. One being that some of my friends were moving back there to do more of a series that they're on and I love them very much, but mainly that my Granny lives there in a nursing home in Brisbane and she's one of the most influential people in my life. She is now 91 and although still able, she's blind and not getting any younger. I didn't follow through with it because I was having such an awesome time in Sydney and didn't think that I would be able to leave. This has all been reviewed in the last few days. I worked at Vision Street Wear in Newtown and it was really struggling financially, due to many things, but let's not get into that. Anyway, they closed the shop down the other day. This was my main source of income and now I am fucking poor, have no job and am not feeling motivated to find another one. I want to study next year and do cinematography and/or film, or even just get some experience in the field, stat. I can get this said experience on the Gold Coast, as well as be closer to my Granny, therefore killing two birds with one stone. I've been feeling really disheartened by the fact that I can't find a feasible course in Sydney, too expensive/need experience/applications closed already etc. I feel as though I'm not really doing anything in Sydney except surviving by the skin of my teeth and I want to change this. I also realised that I already have amazing friends up there and meeting all the boys on the weekend heightened this. I'm talking to my Mum about it tonight to see what she thinks. I can live with my family in Brisbane and although they live in the sticks, I don't really mind because I'm not looking to really party a whole lot there, and if I'm going to, it will most likely be on the GC anyway. So yeah. That's what's seriously on my mind at the moment. Liz is driving up next week to spend some time there and I think I am going to go with her. It all depends on how much flights are to come back and whether or not I/my mum or dad are willing to pay. So just found some for $89 to Brisbane, thats not bad at all! So I really needed to write that all down. Shit is annoying, but TVOTR are coming next year and I really couldn't be happier about that.



I will be your accident if you will be my ambulance,
and I will be your screech and crash if you will be my crutch and cast,
and I will be your one more time if you will be my one last chance...
Fall fast, fall free, fall for me.

(yeah Jarrah I copied your blog style)

2 comments:

Ross Paxman said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brisbane is so faaaarrr away... what would i do without you????

*cries a little bit*

Anonymous said...

Wow Queensland D:
I understand why, it will be see your Granny.

I'm trying to do film in Sydney too and it's IMPOSSIBLE. I'm at UTS and this degree doesn't seem to be teaching me anything about the film industry.

Anyway.
See you around.
xkit