Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thank god I live in Sydney.

It's Wednesday, I go to the pub to say hello to one friend, and I find about 100 more. Literally. It's amazing how this could happen in the one suburb too. I've found that living in Surry Hills has turned me extremely lazy. Not in a slob kind of way, but more in a location kind of way. If it's not within a five to ten minute walk, then it's too far. This, I have learnt, is a bad thing, especially since I work in Newtown. In saying this, I do enjoy going for my visits to said Ntown, but truth be told, it feels like another world now. HAH! Listen to me! I have turned into a total 2010 bitch. But if you lived here, you would understand. I really need to snap out of it though, go places I haven't been before or something. But realistically living here means that cabs are no longer, I live right in the city, thankfully on a quiet street, I live in an amazing house with two lovely people, most of my friends live around the corner and life really can't get much better.
Which brings me to my next point of having to go to Canberra this weekend. I really am looking forward to it, to see my family, the friends that will be there, old memories, etc.... but everytime I go it becomes more and more foreign to me. I find it so hard to believe that 99% of the friends I had during my years there still live in our nations capital. I feel that everyone is always complaining to me about how they hate it/want to move away/want to move out, and everything really seems to go around in circles and everyones always depressed. I know all of that! That's why I got away! Again, I sound like a huge snob, but in this instance, I definitely don't feel bad about it. I said bon voyage as soon as school was out in 2006. I didn't even go to my year 12 graduation! I came to Sydney with nothing long term lined up for me, no savings and a handful of friends. I now go out every single week, don't get bored, have good places to go, have amazing friends to party with, and all with a very below average fortnightly pay cheque. So anyway, the point of this rant was to say thank you to the Crix for making me realise how lucky I am to be living in the SYDNEY TOWN. And thanks to all my friends for being the best. Life wouldn't be this amazing without you.

No comments: