Friday, January 2, 2009

two thousand and hate overview

Stolen from Aikko.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Played at a big festivals such as Field Day and Parklife!

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make them, but this year I'm going to learn how to crochet and macrame.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Madeleine had beautiful baby Hanne.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one close to me, but it seemed like a lot of people that were close to my friends died.

5. What countries did you visit?
I dreamt of visiting New York and Canada.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Direction. Knowing what I want to do in life, instead of being a party animal.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Mine and Marissa's birthday party, because it was the party of the year.
Meredith Music Festival, because I was with my amazing "family" and saw some of my favourite bands.
Club Mod, for hanging with you know who.
Gold Coast with Liz.
Ceremony at Tuggeranong Youthie

9. What was your biggest failure?
Having to move home.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Being sick every month, a culmination of not looking after myself and being prone to sickness. The worst was when I was bed ridden for about a week and literally couldnt leave the house or I would collapse!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
It was a last minute 2008 purchase, bought on NYE, but the HORACE macrame/fringing black bag I bought from Capital L, the most expensive item I have bought in a very long time. Other than that, probably any op shop bargain I found.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food and booze. No word of a lie.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Melbourne, every Tame Impala show, Gold Coast, friends, occasionally getting large amounts of money.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Jet Town-SSQ, Far Away-Cut Copy, HA-HTRK, Diamond Girl, Day and Night-Kid Cudi and probably a million others.

Compared to this time last year, are you:

17. Thinner or fatter?
I dont know, I hate scales. I would probably say, very fluctuating.

18. Richer or poorer?
Poorer, overall.

19. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Explore my city/country, sort myself out.

20. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Partying.

21. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas is gone, I spent it with my Mum and brother eating too much cheese.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost!!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I cant put a finger on someone I particularly hate right now.

26. What was the best book you read?
Candy

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
HTRK

28. What did you want and get?
I always get what I want.

29. What did you want and not get?
One thing I wanted was to not be so shy in certain situations. I dont think I rectified that.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Always Superbad and Jump Tomorrow.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 20, I had dinner at Bettys on my actual birthday with my amazing friends downstairs and then as said already, had the best party ever with Marissa at her place at Hibernian.

32. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Constantly being surrounded by amazing and inspirational people.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Black, black, black.

34. What kept you sane?
Knowing I was living the life.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Callan Mulvey, always and always haha Heartbreak High and then Underbelly? Swoon.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The lead up to the USA election, wondering who was going to be President elect, and really making a difference to how our world was going to operate. Also, the recession. This is annoying and probably why I lost my job etc etc etc. Get a grip, world.

37. Who did you miss?
Everyone who didnt live in the same state as me.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh wow. I met sooooo many incredible people this year. Probably Chloe though.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008
Look after yourself and those close to you at all times. If you're going to be dumb, be careful.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Oh wow. I think I have to think about that one.

No comments: