Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Haunted House

Lately all I have been listening to is Fleetwood Mac, Nirvana, TV on the Radio and Smashing Pumpkins. I have also been listening to a few local bands that I have really been into. Click on the band name to go to their myspace.

CIRCLE PIT
Have only seen these gems twice, one being the other night and I was totally blown away!! They're playing tomorrow night, Thursday 21st August at Oxford Art Factory and it's free so I think you should come. I'm banned from Hot Damn anyway haha. Otherwise check them out in Marrickville on Saturday.


REPTILES
These guys are from Melbourne and I first learnt about them from a Vice that they were in. Then I checked them out and I really liked it. Met them the other day on Crown St where Jack intorduced me to them as "Reptiles" which made me lol. Didn't go to their show at Qbar which I'm now angry about, as I have been listening to them again and it's awesome.

TAIPAN
KVLT HARDCORE IS DAGGERS HARDCORE. That's all I seem to see/hear lately. I'm actually so so so so so excited to see Taipan as Benny has shown me all the tracks for the 7" but to see those dudes in action after all I've heard is anticipation plus. They're playing at the Agincourt on Thursday 18th September with Deathcage and Repoman. Come.

REPOMAN
Same story as above really. I can't wait to see them. Same show. AGINCOURT DO IT DO IT DO IT. It's been a long time coming.

and of course, ART VS. SCIENCE
Ages ago saw these guys at Disco Punx and I loved it. Then all of a sudden there was so much hype around them, which I thought is really well deserved. Can't wait to see them again on Friday 29th August at Disco Punx again, at Phoenix. $10 entry at 10pm. It'll be a super duper fun night.

No comments: